To provide free, basic, medical diagnostic, treatment and referral services, and wellness services, to persons who lack insurance and the ability to pay for such services.
As we strive to fulfill this mission, we will:
1. Demonstrate the love of God in Christ through these practical acts of kindness in a clinic setting, communicating the Gospel in word and deed.
2. Assist in directing clients in accessing other area organizations providing needed services.
3. Provide a place for volunteers to develop and use their God given gifts of service for His Kingdom.
Hope House Free Medical Clinic (Hope House) is a group of volunteers, including volunteer board members, who are energized by our mission. As we look ahead over the next five to ten years, we will be steadfast in our commitment to bringing together volunteers with hearts of compassion, to serve those who are financially challenged and medically uninsured adults, and do so in the name of Jesus in order to improve health and life both now and for eternity.
Our specific vision for 2020 through 2025 is to leverage the wonderful facility God has provided for us to lease, and our awesome volunteers, in our faith-based delivery model, to increase the impact of Hope House in West Central Michigan. We plan to accomplish this Vision by continuing to provide the quality, basic services we are known for, and achieve outcomes in four strategic thematic areas that we believe are important to the health of those we serve. These four themes including increasing the racial/ethnic diversity across the organization, increasing the number of patients served annually, expand our use of collaborative practice agreements, and create a wellness resource center.
We are excited about the Vision for the future and look forward to identifying more volunteers and donors to assist us in fulfilling it.
Five foundational values give expression to the faith-driven mission of Hope House Free Medical Clinic and guide the work of the Clinic’s medical staff and other volunteers:
* Faith-based basic health care: We believe in the transforming power of the gospel of Jesus Christ in people’s lives.
* Free quality services to the medically underserved: We believe in providing quality care at no or minimal cost to the patient, focusing on the whole person’s health and wellness.
* The worth and dignity of all people: We believe in having compassion for those we serve, treating everyone with empathy and kindness.
* The priceless contributions of the staff and volunteers: We believe in cultivating the joy of caregiving as volunteers in a faith-based clinic.
* Partnerships with our donors, friends, and other medical organizations: We believe in providing opportunities for friends/donors to financially and prayerfully support our mission—Everyone is blessed beyond measure when working together for the common good.